So far, Joe Buck has collected and spent almost 3X the amount of money as the next best-funded candidate. Joe's ORESTAR account activity shows an amazing $9,320 collected and over $8,000 spent so far. Information will continue to come in up to and past Election Day, so expect to see these numbers grow.
Since Joe has so many "Miscellaneous Contributions $100 and under," there are few names to associate with his campaign finances - most likely an intenttional effort to disguise who is funding his campaign. On his website though, there are plenty of names of endorsers to give one a good feel for where Joe's loyalties lie. The list of endorsements reads like a Who's Who for the Chamber of Commerce and Keep Lake Oswego Great, and includes past and current elected officials. The roster of ex-mayors and current city councilors should leave no doubt about what Joe's positions might be if he were elected as his supporters almost uniformly support:
- Bringing a streetcar to downtown Lake Oswego
- Increasing density in the city, mostly in Downtown and Lake Grove, but also in all the commercial areas that allow housing and mixed use.
- Liberal use of Urban Renewal Areas (Tax Increment Financing) to push through projects that will continue the complete overhaul of the city into a European Village on steroids.
- Having current residents and taxpayers shoulder the financial burden for new infrastructure, new parks and amenities for developers' projects' profitability.
- Density and large-scale growth ("smart growth").
- Metro's agenda for the region.
- Not valuing who we are and what we have, but continually wanting something more - and wanting government (taxpayers) to help foot the bill.
Ballots will be mailed out in about a week.
This isn't just a speech for
Vote NO for Joe Buck,
it is a campaign to
Vote NO to Going Backwards
to 12 years of elites who dominated the city for far too long.