Meetings are listed on the City Meetings Calendar on the City website, and some materials will be posted under the SWEA planning project page (Case # PIP 13-002)
Thursday, October 2
Lakeridge Jr. High School Library
(Formerly Waluga Jr. High)
4700 Jean Rd.
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
There are only about 4 SWEA AC planning meetings before the final draft is produced along with Open Houses for the general public.
It would be helpful for the public to get a thorough, unfiltered background view of the project. I would like to see ALL of the project materials posted on the project website where the public can access them easily. Key documents can be labeled as such.
Here are some important documents that are NOT on the project web page:
- Internal Governmental Agreement (IGA) with staff report, contract, and deliverables (starts on pg. 89)
- Request for Proposal (RFP) for consulting services
- SWEA Draft Project Schedule (09.25.14)
- Resolution 14-56 (See excerpt below detailing the purpose of the SW Employment area from the Comprehensive Plan)
- Draft Project Goals*
* See No. 5: Why is there a need to execute a buildable plan in such a hurry? Is there something happening I don't know about? Is this Detroit? Perhaps a developer is waiting for accompanying code changes, public infrastructure, public financing or incentives to take effect, or maybe Metro has a multimodal, TOD plan for the area. The rush just seems odd.
Who are "stakeholders?" Generally the city creates a list of people who own property within or next to the plan area along with someone from the planning commission and city council if they so choose. In this case, the Commission for Citizen Involvement requested citizens at large be included to represent the rest of us. So if you want more input or feedback, these are your go-to people for representation. All meetings will be facilitated by a consultant team.
Skip O'Neil - City Council
Ed Brockman - Planning Commission
Brent Bianchina - Rosewood NA
Lisa Volpel - Rosewood NA
Rebecca Crew - LO Chamber of Commerce
Lynn Barra - Owner Paradigm Froodworks, property owner
Mike Duyn - Commercial Real Estate Broker
Sean McNamara - Commercial Real Estate Broker
Scott Stoddard - Micro Systems Engineering Inc. - Employer
Terry Keyes - At Large
Ann Mestrovich - At Large
Joseph Taylor - At Large
Jennifer Sachmeier - Alternate