Up Sucker Creek

Up Sucker Creek
Photo Courtesy of the Lake Oswego Library

Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Heart of Lake Oswego

There is an effort afoot to stop or modify Evergreen LLC and W&K Development's plans for a 5-story, 228-unit apartment building at 1st and "A" Ave. where the Wizer Building now stands.  A local citizen, Barry Dennis, has created a series of 3 videos capturing citizens' views on the proposed development.  The videos are fun to watch - the scenes are like a postcard of what Lake Oswego is today.

I applaud the time and effort as well as the professionalism that went into Barry's work.  To see the videos yourself (there are 3, but start with the 1st one), see:  Save Our Village.




2 comments:

  1. If Barry likes Lake Oswego so much, why does his website, http://www.barryadennis.com/ say he's in Portland?

    P.S. I find it interesting that one can comment via AIM or Livejournal but not facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't speak for Barry, but do you think it could be that he hasn't updated his website since his recent move to LO? I don't know a lot about Facebook, but if I had a business, I would want the site to be controlled by me so negative and rude comments would not appear. This just makes sense. I honor his and everyone's choices about how to be contacted. I remember when the home telephone was still a luxury, and to have a private phone rather than a party line meant you had arrived. Party line webpages can be damaging in the wrong hands, so private lines are a treat as well as a necessity.

    ReplyDelete