Up Sucker Creek

Up Sucker Creek
Photo Courtesy of the Lake Oswego Library

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

A Badass Woman!

 

Winsome Sears, Lieutenant Governor-Elect of Virginia 

A new role model for women. Smart.  Not a victim. No excuses.  Cuts through the vitriol and propaganda about race and class.  Understands the limits and power of government to harm or help people. Committed to service and making the American Dream possible for anyone with the desire to work for it.  

Winsome Sears: "I Wish Joy Reid Would Invite Me On Her Show" For "A Real Discussion" About Race

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/11/03/winsome_sears_i_wish_joy_reid_would_invite_me_on_her_show_to_talk_about_white_supremacy.html


Virginia's newly elected Lt. Governor, Republican Winsome Sears, spoke to FOX News host Martha MacCallum on Wednesday about MSNBC host Joy Reid saying that the Republican Party is "dangerous to our national security" because they "stoke white supremacism."

"I am destroying all of the narratives about race. Look at me! Look at me!" Sears said. "I wish Joy Reid would invite me on her show. Let's see if she is woman enough to do that."

"I am a heartbeat away from the governorship, in case anything happens to the governor. How are you going to tell me I am a victim?" she said. "And I didn't do anything special to get here, except stay in school and study. I took advantage of the opportunities available here in America."

"We can do better. It's not 1963."



No comments:

Post a Comment