Up Sucker Creek

Up Sucker Creek
Photo Courtesy of the Lake Oswego Library

Monday, August 1, 2016

New (old) geography blog

Sometimes I think I should have been a geographer.  I found a term paper I wrote in 1973 and it was all about land use and demographics, so I know I have been thinking about and studying this stuff for decades.

But I chose an artistic occupation, so it is no surprise that I am attracted to great graphics regarding geographic (physical and cultural) subjects.  Here is a great website for those of you who think the same way, or anyone who likes to see information represented in graphic form.

This website hasn't been added to since 2014, but there are several years of stunning and just plain interesting posts to dig through.  Other sites are mentioned within the blog for those interested in following up on ideas.

geographer-at-large.blogspot.com

This page has the images below:
geographer-at-large.blogspot.com/2012_12_01_archive.html


The population of the United States.


States represented as they would look if they all had equal populations - about 40 million, roughly 
the same as California.  

World map using descriptive Van Gogh paintings to represent countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment